I will chat about the impact of my heart attack on 17 October 2025, the good bits, the funny bits, the bad bits from my perspective - a man in his 60s.
NB: Using dictation mode, so grammar and spelling will be worse than normal
24 October 2025 - post B
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Well I collected the body wash that the the hospital recommended I wash with the two days prior to attending the hospital. If you look at what it is? I think they're sending me a message of sorts
Strangely whilst the hospital team work on recovery begining the day after surgery. I have this thing in my head that it only started when I left the hospital. The only things I can do is walking, simple leg exercises and breathing exercises. The walking part I love so be focusing on that and breathing exercises. I try to walk at least 3 times a day. Focusing on 300 - 500 metres. I am really pleased that today I completed 2 seperate walks of 1K each, for which I am really pleased
The events regarding my heart since the heart attack: (a condensed version) Date Event Heart attack day I experienced a heart attack and had a Stent implanted in my right coronary artery October, 23 Went home for recovery before surgery October 26 The night before surgery. I was admitted to the hospital and completed pre-surgery preparations, including a half-body shave. October 27 Triple Bypass Surgery Day. The surgery, initially delayed by an overnight emergency, was only started at 9:30am October 26 I had further surgery due to bleeding, one day after the initial bypass. I was happy to be able to sit up this evening and was moved to a new ward. October 31 Tubes removed, X-rays and other tests completed in prep for discharge November 1 Hospital Discharge. I was eventually discharged at about 6pm on Saturday
This is the day my heart decided to seek revenge by attacking me. The reasons they call it a heart attack are: How helpless you feel during the attack How vulnerable you are left feeling after the attack More about my feelings later, as you muddle through my ramblings I will try to keep this Brief. It was the NHS Ambulance Service who were the first of my saviours on this day - they were simply amazing. They delivered me to St Bartholenew's Hospital, where a stent was inserted in the artery on the right side of my heart. This was done whilst I was awake, and they did this by inserting a tube in the artery in my right wrist. That was interesting but weird. I then spent until Tuesday, 21 October 2025, at 18h00 at St Barts.
A message about as subtle as a sledge hammer 😂
ReplyDelete